More than 125 years after being founded in 1895, The Dental Society of Chester County and Delaware County remains true to its original object, “to promote the public welfare by advancement of the dental profession in education, science, mutual fellowship and goodwill…”
Our members benefit from opportunities for continuing education from vetted leaders in our profession on the latest clinical, scientific and practice management topics through Dentists Keeping Up (DKU), an ADA CERP recognized provider. Additional local education opportunities and programs are a benefit of membership through our District component, the Greater Philadelphia Valley Forge Dental Conference and the Pennsylvania Dental Association.
Activities and social gatherings are plentiful as well. The development of leadership skills, lifelong friendships, mentoring opportunities and a network of colleagues are a few of the benefits gained through professional fellowship. “Incidents of Practice” have long since disappeared from the agenda at meetings however the opportunity for the exchange of everyday experiences in our practices remains.
We proudly recognize the countless members of The Dental Society of Chester County and Delaware County that regularly donate their time, services and expertise to benefit our community in their own offices and as volunteers for Give Kids a Smile, Give Vets a Smile, Donated Dental Services and MOM-n-PA.
Although the mechanism for membership in the Society has evolved since our fifteen founding dentists adopted our constitution in Media on January 23, 1895, the object has not. We continue to encourage the improvement of the health of the public, to promote the art and science of dentistry and to represent the interests of the members of the dental profession and the public which it serves.